Recommended Tech Skills
Here are my thoughts on technology skills I believe our next generation master teacher should possess:
- Successfully integrated various technologies to engage students in 21st century learning.
- Using data-informed technologies to drive instruction.
- Uses social media and web 2.0 tools to collaborate, share and practice in professional development with other educators.
- Successfully contributed online content demonstrating teaching practices. (i.e. wikis, blogs, webinars)
- Demonstrated the use of technology to differentiate, personalize, and accelerate instruction.
- Experienced delivering professional development using a wide variety of multimedia. (i.e. podcasts, videos, screencasts)
- Proficient using interactive technologies to deliver instruction. (i.e. Interactive White Boards, Student Response Systems)
- Worked with content learning management systems to develop lessons, courses, and assignments for students.
- Understands the role of the various information systems (i.e. SIS, Gradebooks, CMS) and how it impacts student learning.
- Demonstrated project-based learning strategies using technology platforms.
- Demonstrated classroom management skills blending computer-based technologies with traditional classroom teaching strategies.
- Shows interest in personal technologies.
- Has a basic knowledge of Information Communication Technologies (ICT) and has the ability to troubleshoot basic computer operations.