KSS 2011: EdTech Session Resources
Here is a compilation of links and resources that will be discussed during the edtech sessions at KSS this coming week. Thank you for participating in the session(s) and I hope to collaborate with you in the near future.
EdTech Reports: 2011 Horizon Report, 2011 Horizon Report K12 Edition, Rise of K12 Blended Learning, Digital Learning Now Report, Next Generation Assessments Roadmap to 2014, AUP in a Web 2.0 and Mobile Era, Children and Electronic Media, Media in the Lives of 8 to 18 Year Olds, Managing Learning: Next Generation Learning Systems, The MILE Guide, PBS Technology Integration, Learning in the 21st Century: Taking it Mobile, National Education Technology Plan
Mobile: Augmented Reality Apps, Mobile Learning Experience, iPads in Education Ning, iPads for Education, 40 Ways to Use QR Codes, M-Learning: Promises, Perils and Challenges for K12, PollEverywhere, QR Code Generator, Layar Browser
Game-Based Education: Games and Learning report from Future Labs, Engineering Design Tools for K12, Gamestar Mechanic, Scratch, Kodu Labs, Alice, Quest 2 Learn, Airy Labs, Compilation of Game-Based Education Links
EdTech Video Links:
- CoSN Learning to Change – Changing to Learn
- Learning to Change/Changing to Learn Student Voices
- Conrad Wolfram: Teaching kids real math with computers
- Hip-Hop Genius: Remixing High School Education
- Salman Khan: Let’s use video to reinvent education
- Teach Education and 21st Century Skills
- Education for Uncertain Futures
- Vicki Davis: Harness Your Students’ Digital Smarts
- Pranav Mistry: The thrilling potential of Sixth Sense Technology
- Dan Meyer: Math class needs a makeover
- Will Richardson: The intersection of social networks and education
- Greg Whitby: 21st Century Pedagogy
- Jeff Monday: Disruptive Innovation
- Sugata Mitra: The child-driven education
- Luis von Ahn: Harnesses Brainpower
- Digital Media – New Learners of the 21st Century
- PBS Frontline: Digital Nation
- Teaching without Words in Math
- Let’s start a learning revolution
- Reed Hastings: ASU Education Innovation Keynote
- RSA Animate: Changing Educaton Paradigms
- RSA Animate: 21st Century Enlightenment
- RSA Animate: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us
- RSA Animate: The Internet in Society: Empowering or Censoring Citizens?
PollEverywhere Question: What emerging technology interests you most?
WallWisher Question: What technology tools do you use in the classroom?